Thursday, August 24, 2006

Special Delivery

My magazine arrived yesterday and by the way it did come in a slender, brown cardboard box stuffed full of Holly, Bridget and Kendra. No identifying marks on the return address. No averting my eyes from the mailman every time I see him. First thing I did was plop down on the couch with my magazine on my lap. I was awed by the sheer masculinity of it all, the ads, the music and movie reviews and obviously the pictures. I think the last time I looked at a Playboy magazine I had taken it from the stack my father had under his bed. Safely locked in the bathroom at my grandmother's house, I did a comparison study between my flat as a board body and the buxom blonds. This time I read the articles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure you did! By the way, the return address was PBC, and I'm sure the mailman knows what that stands for!

gadfly said...

....for the articles.

Right.

Duly Inspired said...

Peanut Butter Cookies