Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Will Go Down on Your Permanent Record

From my e-mail a few minutes ago (which was copied to both of my bosses, the office manager, and our managing principal):

Jacqui,

Today I noticed you had a candle burning in your office. Please note that this is in violation of the XXXX XXXX Building Rules and Regulations and such devices must be removed immediately. These rules and regulations are set and regulated by the Houston Fire Marshall, Life Safety Bureau.
Non-Compliance of this rule may results in a citation and/or fine.
Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for making our suite a safer place.

Seriously! I was tattled on and in a very public manner. Oh, don’t think I didn’t consider firing an e-mail back. Something along the lines of:

Sorry about the candle. No questions except did you mean to write “Non-Compliance of this rule may result in a citation and/or fine"? Don’t worry I won’t be e-mailing your grade school English teacher or your bosses because I’m not a tattle tale.

1 comment:

Duly Inspired said...

Bless your potential fire-starting heart. G forwarded me the e-mail - after I'd spoken with you. Hilarious. What I keep hearing in that whiny playground voice is I'M TELLING. Oh yeah, Tell this.