Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day One (Again)

We cheated last night. A cigarette or two but I’m not going to beat myself up about it because this is day three after all and one or two is still twenty-eight or so less than normal. I packed what I call my “substitute cigarette” bag this morning with snacks galore. If I so choose I can eat yogurt with Grape Nuts, popcorn, Cheetos 100 Calorie Snack Pack, fresh cherries, celery sticks, baby carrots or Gummy Bears. Oh, or pastachios. Frightening isn’t it? I also clipped back on the pedometer to see if I will make the goal of taking 10,000 steps today. Hard to do in an office environment, here it is 3:30 p.m. and I have 6,382 steps to go.

The really great thing about quitting this time is Carrie and I are really trying to do this together. We laugh about how much we want a cigarette. We went to a party last night and upon realizing that we arrived way too early to make an entrance we decided to stay in the car and “fake smoke”. Carrie offered me a drag of her invisible cigarette but I turned her down, preferring instead to fake smoke a whole one of my own.

So here I am back to square one on this nicotine free, smoke free, tar lung free quest. Wish me luck.

No comments: