Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Lotus Eaters ~ Tatjana Soli

Oh how this book took me by surprise and hooked me in. I have always enjoyed stories set in Vietnam. Must come from being a Vet's daughter. I loved Nelson DeMille's Up Country and spent much of the book calling my father to ask if he had been there, done that. This book was an accident. I literally tripped over a review flipping through a magazine. It sounded interesting so I downloaded it to my Kindle. The rest they say is history. I have been up way too late the past two nights absorbed by the characters and story. The writing is so visually smart it is like watching a movie. In fact I feel sure we will see the adaptation on the big screen one day. I am glad Soli began with an older, wiser Helen then moved back through time. The younger, less seasoned Helen can be a bit annoying. I am only half of the way through it but look forward to reading more tonight.

No comments: