Monday, November 28, 2005

Baby Jesus Drives a Hot Rod

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our house. C and I put lights up on the house this weekend and around the crepe myrtles in the front yard. I have a great desire to go Clark Griswald on the place but she is keeping me in check for the most part. I will be holding out for that snow machine I asked for on Christmas Eve but won’t be too disappointed when it doesn’t arrive.

On Thursday we called our friend with the twins to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. It is so great when kids get to the age that you can ask to speak to them on the phone and they will actually talk to you. So, I interrupted their playtime which included two Rubbermaid bins formally containing Christmas ornaments to see what they want for Christmas.

J. went first and asked for a blue truck. Not just any blue truck but one that does a whole bunch of stuff because he went on and on. It is too bad I have no idea what he was saying. Miss. May wants cookies and milk. I guess if it is good enough for Santa it is good enough for her.

When I made a follow up call to Mommy today to see if the Christmas ornaments that were displaced from the Rubbermaid bins had made it to their respective spots around the house she said they had but that she had made an effort to keep everything breakable on higher ground. One thing that does keep popping up is a shiny red Hot Wheel in the nativity scene. I guess J. thinks the Baby Jesus deserves a nice car after being born in a manger and all.

No comments: