Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Little Bit of Laughter in an Otherwise Boring Day

I left work early yesterday to take the cat to the vet. In my absence, my co-worker decided to have a little fun. She knows how scary I find the Duggar family. Twenty-one children? Come on! This is much different from my facination in the FLDS. While I find it interesting (if not a bit disturbing) that a cult can in effect live and thrive practicing polygamy in this country, the Duggar’s make my uterus cringe every time I see them.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into the office this morning and there after my last name on the plate outside my door was a Post-It Note with Duggar written on it and a photo of the whole clan beneath. I giggled and left it there and proceeded to my desk. On my chair? Another Duggar photo. Peeking out of the plant on my file cabinet, taped to my phone mouthpiece, under my mouse, under my keyboard, in my top drawer, in the chocolate covered espresso bean box I keep in another drawer, and in the Christmas card box. I have so far found 10 miniature Duggar clan photos in my office and have been promised by same co-worker there are many more to be found. That equals 10 laughs in an otherwise boring day. I am on a Duggar hunt until I find the rest. Then I think I will plaster her monitor with them after she leaves.

No comments: