Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

The presents are all wrapped. I have returned the mounds of paper, ribbon, bows and tape to the closet upstairs. We can again see our dining room table which has served as the “wrapping room” for the past month. Tomorrow thirteen people (both friends and family alike) will descend on our house to celebrate the season. I can’t wait!

A few of the things I’m looking forward to:

x My grandmother’s laughter.

x My father’s wit and cynicism.

x Seeing my sister’s face when she opens the footlocker we bought her for her first summer camp and all the wrapped gifts inside the footlocker.

x My mother’s face when she reads the poem I wrote her inside her card. Oh, and of course everyone else’s face when she performs her newest dance routine with her dog.

x Carrie’s face when she sees that I actually bought a gift that she couldn’t guess.

x Christmas music playing all day long.

x The smell of turkey and gravy.

x Falling into bed exhausted and ten pounds heavier.

I hope that whoever you are and whatever you do tomorrow that your day be filled with joy and happiness.

No comments: