Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy National Bouillabaisse Day!

Actually it is my birthday but if you look on Wikipedia, you will also find that it is indeed National Bouillabaisse Day. A celebration of a Mediterranean soup or stew. Who knew? I turned 37 today. Here are some interesting (trivial) bits of information on the number 37:

It is a prime number (I am in the prime of my life).
The normal human body temperature is 37 degrees Celsius.
The number of slots in European Roulette (I love roulette).
Thirty-seven is the number of men that Dante Hicks’ girlfriend Veronica Loughran had fellated in the film Clerks (This little tidbit pops up on a lot of 37 sites. I’ve never seen the movie and now I may be too old if this is what it’s about).
Shakespeare wrote 37 plays.
Nixon was the 37th president (He was also president when I was born and the only president to resign from office)
Abe Lincoln was elected to the House of Representatives at age 37 (I work for a company named Lincoln...hmmm)
Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.


Enough about thirty-seven, what about December 14th?

In 1903 the Wright brothers made their first attempt at flight at Kitty Hawk on December 14th (I have a photo of Carrie and I on the very site).
In 1959 the Motown Record Label was founded.
Oh, and it is National Bouillabaisse Day. Have a bowl and celebrate!

No comments: