Wednesday, December 19, 2007

There’s One Every Year

We don’t send out Christmas cards most years but boy do I love receiving them. Every year there is at least one that is a real doozy. Two years ago it was my grandmother’s announcing she had a flasher at her window and in response bought a “pretty” gun. This year’s winner is from my uncle in Colorado. First let me explain that he is the sweetest man you will ever meet. He is mild mannered until you get him talking about politics or any tenet of the Catholic Church. He is very religious signing his letters “God Bless” or “Peace be with you”. He is everything the rest of this family is not so it came as no surprise to me when I looked through the mail yesterday that he had written us a Christmas card on a postcard he had leftover from a trip he and his wife took this summer. The postcard is from Virginia. Not your traditional Christmas scene but with a traditional Christmas message written in green to the left of the address. I have yet to receive my grandmother’s annual newsletter but if there are any juicy details I’ll be sure to share.

No comments: