Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rolling With It

Alison assigned me the letter “R” at dinner last night. The challenge is to name my ten favorite things that start with the letter “R”. So here goes…

Reading – Anyone who knows me knows this is a given. I read constantly. I love books. They are an escape you can find no where else. Many friendships have bonded over books including my friendship with Alison so it’s fitting this is number one.

Riding- If they weren’t so expensive I would have ten horses (also if I didn’t live in the city and had a place to keep them). There really is no better smell than the smell of horse sweat. When I had my last horse I would love to bring her blanket home, rest it on a chair in the bedroom and sleep so soundly with that sweet musty smell.

Ruining Surprises- This is a fault of mine but one that I love to do. I can never give a gift without spoiling the surprise. It’s always “Want a hint?”, “Want to open it early?”, “Want to shake the box?”, Want to guess?”. So sad but it is true. I must work on this one.

Rubbing Bellies- I am an equal opportunity belly rubber. Whether my victim is canine, feline, bovine or equine bellies make me crazy. Unfortunately my own belly has become big enough to get a good rubbing now and then.

Rain in the Summer Time- The smell of ozone as the rain is moving in. The smell of freshly moistened concrete. The sound of raindrops hitting the window. Or at the ranch when you can sit under a tin roofed porch listening, the smell of fresh hay and grass mixing with the rain.

Rodrique- I love George Rodrique. I love his Blue Dog series but most of all I love his Cajun series. For my birthday one year Carrie bought me a signed print he did of his son holding up a fish wearing a Kiss Me I’m Cajun t-shirt. It hangs in our dining room. A dream vacation is to go on his river boat tour.

Rice- I could get very Bubba Gump on this one. Rice with butter. Rice with Shrimp Etoufee. Rice with meatballs and Cream of Mushroom soup. Rice with round steak. Rice with anything really. But no brown rice. It tastes weird.

Rising the Corporate Ladder- I am currently only a few rungs up but can see the top from where I stand. This is a major goal in 2009. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Rolling in Dough- See number 8.

Reeling with Laughter- There is no better feeling than the kind of laugh that makes tears roll down your face. One of the things that cements Carrie and I to one another is the ability to laugh with each other and often.

1 comment:

Duly Inspired said...

Great job! I enjoyed reading that, knowing you wouldn't put roses but thought you'd put ridiculous which you did end up capturing with reeling in laughter.