Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wicked Wintry Weather Leaving Me Wary and Warm

I should know better living in Houston for 30 years. When the weather man says it will be 34 degrees in the morning he doesn’t mean it will be 34 degrees in the afternoon. This morning however I woke up and as if preparing for battle put on thick black tights, fully lined wool pants, an undershirt and a big fluffy 100% wool turtle neck sweater.

First cigarette this morning ~ thinking how smart I am to have dressed for the weather.

Second cigarette at lunch ~ thinking it is a bit warm in the sun.

Cigarette just now ~ WTF was I thinking?

This leaves me with a decision to make:

1. Tough it out and sweat out every liquid in my body.
2. Scare the hell out of my co-workers by finishing the day in nothing but an undershirt and tights.

No comments: